Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Some recent reviews of books I've read...


Melissa's bookshelf: read

Eleanor and Park
5 of 5 stars
This has to be one of the best books about teenage love I have ever read. Ever. The emotions are so honest, immediate and vulnerable that they practically render themselves sacred. I was so wrapped up in their story, I put aside everythi...
Mink River
5 of 5 stars
Achingly beautiful. This is one of those books that I just can't read in one sitting. Brian Doyle has stepped into my life as a favorite author. An author who speaks to my heart and my truth, his prose is elegant and easy and beautiful. ...
Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything
4 of 5 stars

tagged:
spirituality, self-help, and non-fiction
The Dovekeepers
5 of 5 stars
The Dovekeepers is a historical novel blown through by the winds of ancient Jewish and Egyptian magic and mysticism. The setting is ancient Judea in 70 C.E., a time of Roman domination and pogroms against the Jews. The story traces four ...
tagged:
historical-fiction and supernatural
Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art
5 of 5 stars
Christopher Moore is one of my writer heroes. Nothing is better than a writer who is courageous enough to challenge themselves to improve their craft and not bend to industry standards. Here again, we find multiple POVs and a roster seco...
tagged:
historical-fiction and supernatural


goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment